Information taken from a variety of official documents
Research: Noreen Shiel, Abbey Heritage
Pollagh is a small townland in the civil parish of Ballinakill, in the electoral district of Drumkeary, the barony of Leitrim and the county of Galway. It is situated in the north east end of the parish of Ballynakill about 4½ miles north, northeast of Woodford. Pollagh is a small townland all under cultivation except for a piece of underwood in the south west end.
According to O’Donovan’s Field Name Books (1838) the standard name of the townland is Pullagh. O’Donovan also states that there is a reference to Pullagh in the following documents: B S Sketch and Hyath. Clarke, Esq. and that it was listed as Polloghahy in Inq Tem. Car, 1.
It is referred to as Pollagh in the the Down Survey Map. The Down Survey Map for Pollagh states that there was no townland information.
There was no old age pension census search form listed for Pollagh.
There were no records for this townland.
According to Griffith’s Valuation (1855) there was one person with 58 acres of land in Pollagh and it was valued at £28. There was one owner namely Sir J Thos., Bt [Baronet].
There are no records in the 1901 Census for Pollagh.
There are no records in the 1911 Census for Pollagh.